Spirited Enterprise

* Where The Magick Happens *

Topic: Werewolves: No relation to Lon Chaney :)

Forum Home > Spirits & Entities > Werewolves: No relation to Lon Chaney :)

Temaeyah

I didn't see any recent posts about werewolves so I guess I'll put this in here for anyone who's interested.  I've been researching werewolf myths and folklore for a while and the word werewolf hasn't always been used when referring to these entities.  Different cultures also have their own names for them.  I think the term "werewolf" is used by many sellers simply because its a convenient term which everyone is familiar with.  The werewolf spirits seen on ebay are not the same as the classic hollywood monster werewolf.  When dealing with a werewolf spirit, you can have one of two things: A human spirit who can shape shift into wolf form (also called a shapeshifter), or you can have a wolf spirit which has gained a level of ascention and now has the ability to manifest as human. 

I'm very fortunate to have 14 werewolves in my family and they're all wolfie spirits.  They rarely manifest in human form.  They usually appear to me as large fluffy wolves.  My advise for anyone considering adopting a werewolf would be to email the seller and ask them specific questions about the spirit.  You always want to be aware of what you're inviting into your home smile   

--

A monster lies in wait in me,

a stew of wounds and misery.

But fiercer still in life and limb,

is the me that lies in wait in him. 

March 14, 2011 at 8:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Biosynth

So whats the difference between the 2 types that you mentioned?

--

The world will burn with the second coming of God.. of course it will not be in the form that people expect... "For he shall come like a Thief in the Night.." and appeareth full ablaze in their path. Passions writhing in a conflagration of ecstacy... neuronal pathways sequestered... desire most dark and hidden combust nerve fibres most Verily Ridden in the light of day... Dream Ingress EVOKED becomes Reality Ingress most Wantonly Salaciously Physical !!!... a Waking Dream the Veils to lift... All Reality is sequestered under the Powers of Absolute Total Hypnosis... Inception

March 15, 2011 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Temaeyah

One is a human spirit which can shift into a wolf form, the other is a wolf spirit which which can manifest in human form.  

--

A monster lies in wait in me,

a stew of wounds and misery.

But fiercer still in life and limb,

is the me that lies in wait in him. 

March 15, 2011 at 7:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Biosynth

LoL I know that as you said it in your first post.  I mean how else are they different.  Personality?  Intelligence?  Power?  Energy type?  Which one is more vicious or makes a better protector?

--

The world will burn with the second coming of God.. of course it will not be in the form that people expect... "For he shall come like a Thief in the Night.." and appeareth full ablaze in their path. Passions writhing in a conflagration of ecstacy... neuronal pathways sequestered... desire most dark and hidden combust nerve fibres most Verily Ridden in the light of day... Dream Ingress EVOKED becomes Reality Ingress most Wantonly Salaciously Physical !!!... a Waking Dream the Veils to lift... All Reality is sequestered under the Powers of Absolute Total Hypnosis... Inception

March 15, 2011 at 7:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Magpie-Angel

aw i love the idea of having a wolf spirit. maybe one day i'll get one or two.

March 15, 2011 at 10:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Biosynth
I think the idea of an Augmented-canine pet would be interesting. Get a WereWolf triumvirate done for ones dog. I wonder what that'd be like.
March 16, 2011 at 1:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Biosynth
More precisely the Triumvirate would be done between a werewolf spirit, ones dog and yourself.
March 16, 2011 at 1:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunstria

Yes, there are two types of Shape-Shifters and then there are the "Shape-Shifting" (insert type of entity/spirit here).

Most people choose the Human Shape-shifters because even though they can have animal-like thought patterns and do animal-like behavior, they will always be Human in their activities first. Most of them come from cultural type backgrounds where animals mean more to them than just pets or food, lol. You will also find that some of these types are actually priests/priestess or other spiritual leaders who Shape-Shift into their Totems. Some commonly found ones are Wolves, Bears, Lions, Tigers, Foxes, Hawks, Eagles, and even Snakes. Basically, almost any animal has a spiritual or magical aspect to some culture around the world so the possibility of a Human Spirit that Shape-Shifts into a type of animal could be limitless! 

The second type of Shape-Shifters are actual animals who shift into Human or Humanized formats. They are somewhat harder to deal with for most people because they will ALWAYS be an animal first. Unlike Human Shape-Shifters who might choose to be not so Human, they are simply as they are. They tend to be animals who found magic, absorbed magic from another race, or come from different realms where animals are magical to begin with. Some commonly found ones are Wolves, Bears, Tigers, Lions, and Foxes. However, it is more likely to find their Human counterparts as bound companions. As again, most animals don't care to be bound or working with Humans for long periods of time. But it is not impossible to have bound Animal Shape-Shifters who do enjoy being a companion to Humans either. :P

Now there are entities who Shape-Shift. There are Shape-Shifting Succubus/Incubus, Demons, Fae, Dragons, etc. They are the ones who take "Illusions" and "Glamours" to another level. Instead of doing what most entities and spirits can do (create or put an image around themselves to appear as something else to another) they actually do shape-shift. Now they are not shape-shifters like the first two types but instead CAN shift their format into whatever either scares or makes comfortable other people. Not all entities and spirits can do this so that is why they are considered shape-shifters as well. Most entities and spirit just use Illusions and Glamours (this term is usually referring to the Fae's use of magical Illusions) to get around not being able to actually shift.

--

In a world with no mystery, welcome to mystery...  

If you are interested in other places to learn and grow, then perhaps our forum may help as well: http://mysticalconnection.proboards.com/index.cgi

We also have a store located here (it is owned by one family and separate of S.E.): www.mysticalmoonstore.com

March 16, 2011 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day
Quote of the Day provided by The Free Library

Follow me on Twitter

Like Us On Facebook

Herb Selector

Tell A Friend About SE

Newest Members

Recent Photos