Spirited Enterprise

* Where The Magick Happens *

Topic: how does this happen?

Forum Home > Ask A Professional > how does this happen?

Laure

I know SE won't sell email addresses, so I'm not worried about mine getting out because I deal with you. Do you have any idea, though, how all kinds of obvious fake psychics get hold of an email address and start sending their junk to someone like me, who has an interest in the paranormal but tries to keep it at a safe privacy level? That's happening, and not to my delight. 

October 28, 2010 at 12:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Don

Numerous ways.  Collecting email addresses is big (and seedy) business.  Some are bought and sold.  Some could be hijacked from forms.  My advice would be this.  Make 2 email addresses, one you use, and one "junk" address.  Whenever ANY company or website asks for your address, unless you REALLY trust them, give them the "junk" one.  You can still access the junk one if you really need to, but for the most part it will keep your legit one from getting out there.

October 28, 2010 at 12:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Greatone

Logoff on your personal email then erase browser history,cookies, etcc..

before visiting new sites. Some site will install hidden program to get

your email address..

--

October 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mother Moon
Site Owner

We also get adds from psychics and spell casters via email.

The one's I hate the most are the ones that implicate that the psychic has obtained your information and has discovered that a curse is upon you or a loved one! I HATE those and sometimes, I even reply back with a nasty-gram and a demand to remove our email address from their list.

More recently, we received an email from a client's address stating that she was stranded in Mexico and needed us to western union her money.

When I replied to the email, she was able to receive it and had no idea what I was talking about. However, her sent folder showed that someone had sent the same email to EVERYONE on her constacts list.

Hacking is obviously big business and it makes you wonder how many people fall for these scams and send money via western union thinking that a loved one or someone they know is stranded in another country.

October 29, 2010 at 8:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day
Quote of the Day provided by The Free Library

Follow me on Twitter

Like Us On Facebook

Herb Selector

Tell A Friend About SE

Newest Members

Recent Photos