Spirited Enterprise

* Where The Magick Happens *

Topic: Left Handedness: Any Psychic Lefties out there?

Post-reply-btn
Forum Home > Esoteric Discussions > Left Handedness: Any Psychic Lefties out there?
dirk
dirk

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} Here is a general question.  

I have bumped into at least one author or two who consider left handed folks to be more sensitive and spiritually inclined.  Left-handedness is supposedly a warning sign for someone who could be a sorcerer etc.  It is suggested that this is also where terms like left-hand path originated associating dark workings to be wrong or left handed, if you will.  So any sensitive folks out there left handed?  Or today they would likely be ambidextrous having the left handedness trained out of them.

01:24 PM on 02/04/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
dirk
dirk

Sorry about stuff at the beginning (I write in MS Word so I can spell check etc.) then I copy and paste to notepad and then I copy and past to this forum.  Missed a step. and pasted from MS Word thus causing the garbage

01:27 PM on 02/04/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Sister Raven
Sister Raven

I was initially a lefty, but was trained out of it in school.

My daughter uses both hands equally and shows talents such as discovering true names, clairvoyance, clairaudience, and so forth.

My son is a righty, always has been, but he is a psychic, a strong empath, as well as natural summoner.

I guess heredity plays a big part in it when looking at my family, though I wouldn't discount the other authors that consider left handed folks to be more sensitive. It's entirely possible, but I would say that lefties are more prone to day visions.  Maybe that is where it is coming from when the authors reference it.  ;)

01:55 PM on 02/08/2009 Flag Quote & Reply

Tehmina

If you are not naturally gifted, what are some ways to open up the third eye.  I've tried enspelled jewelry to potions and have not gotten much results. Is there a way or isn't there?

02:56 PM on 02/08/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Sister Raven
Sister Raven

Yes, there is a way.  Gathering knowledge from reliable sources, converting it to practice, meditations, and finally wisdom is one of the best methods. 

Some of the magickals here on the site are helpful as well.  I don't want to make this post into a commercial, but, in all honestly there are "learning pieces" that are magickal learning tools for just such instances.  Many of these tools work well for those with natural talent as well as those who want to open that door who do not feel they were initially gifted.  In regards to enspelled jewelry aka magickals, they are like a pair of pants.  A woman in a size 20 couldn't fit into a size 2, nor a size 26.  In the same token, spells on magickals must be layered appropriately for the need.  The best way to find the best fit is to consult a practitioner who is knowledgeable in items cast, as well as spells and or oils (aka potions as you mentioned) and let them help you decide what is best for you after corresponding.  Sometimes it is as simple as a piece geared towards psychic development with a blockage removal and focus twist to "do the trick".

We all have latent abilities that go untapped.  Once that door is open, all things are possible.  My only suggestion is that psychic gifts are not always something you want once the door is open.  It's not like what the media portrays.  For example, as mentioned previously about my son in the preceding post,.... the gifts that he was born with cause him to see, hear, and correspond with those who have passed over as well as entities. He has more trouble with the dealing of these things because of his age.  As you grow older the gifts are not as cushioned as they are at a younger age such as my daughter.  It is not something that is always beautiful for him.  We have had to have one of our strongest elders help buffer him with veils periodically to help him assimilate all that has been given to him. I was not so lucky as a child.  It was a trial by fire.  I also know of others that were not seemingly born with an innate ability, but once they opened a door to the psychic realm, they wished that they could close it.   In any case, at times a revelation of the psychic sort can be scary even for the most experienced of practitioners and psychics. 

I am not trying to dissuade you, only give you both the positive and the negative aspects as both an experienced duality practitioner as well as a psychic in the metaphysical community.  I have heard stories from both sides... those who are born with it, and those who opened the doorways when their third eye was opened.

That being said, I would meditate on what aspects you want to learn.  I would look at both the positive and the negative aspects of each gift.  Then once decided I would talk to someone who can offer you help, such as the coven here at spirited enterprise (Mother Moon does most of the correspondances), or someone you trust unconditionally in the metaphysical community as to the best steps to take in foward motion with your desires.

I hope that helps.  Feel free to type away.

Blessings

Sister Raven

05:19 PM on 02/08/2009 Flag Quote & Reply

MIch

Hello,

I started off as a "lefty" but going to a catholic school all my life except for my last 3 years of high school we had the ruler smack us into being righties.  I was even told that because I was a lefty then I was a child of Satan (I kid you not).  Now my mother was not happy about this at all. I do beleive heredity does play a significant part.  My moms side is all gifted in both sides but they all started of as lefties also.  I think its the path that you choose but I could be wrong.  My three kids all started of as lefties and each one brings something different to the table.  I am both handed and I practice both paths but I feel more comfrtable on the left, could it be cause I was born lefty?? I don't know. 

12:24 PM on 02/18/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Dewdrop: Mother Moon and Sister Raven, are two of the most wonderful people I have ever known.
Dewdrop

The exact same thing happened to my mother, she was told that all people who right with the left hand where evil, disgusting, she too was forced - well BEATEN - into writing with her right hand whilst at school.

My mother, my younger sister, my ex-husband and his mother where all left handed - and they never displayed any psychic tendencies what-so-ever. Where as I am right handed, and so are my daughters and we are!!!!  I see shadows, orbs, shimmers. I have had premonitions and feel and sense things. Apparently I get this off my great, great Grandmother who according to older members of my family ran away to join a circus and was there resident psychic for many years ... whether that is true or not or just a story to enterntain us,  I do not know, but a level of psychic ability does seem to run through the females on my mothers side. As my Aunt and cousin are also pshchic.

09:28 AM on 02/19/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Anubis Ravenheart: Tired
Anubis Ravenheart

I'm a lefty, but really, I think this is just an old superstition, I could be wrong though.

01:52 PM on 02/19/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Lady Isolde: ..am searching for something...more...
Lady Isolde

I just came across this and thought I would share my left handed abilities with you. I was born right handed, but my Grandmother started teaching me to use my left hand as well. I was like 4 then and she just told me if I ever broke my right hand, better know how to use my left hand too, which was just to make my Mom happy (my Mom still has issues about magic and the whole family tradition thing too. So my Grandmother used that in order to please her and keep all happy). However later I was taught to do spells where you write left and right at the same time and it blends and goes down the center. For calling on both dark and white energies together and blending into one spell. Never thought to much about it until I went into the law enforcement academy. I was taking notes on paper while highlighting and writing notations in the margins of my text book. I realized everything was quiet and the Instructor was watching me. I guess it is rare to not only be able to write with both hands, but write different things at the same time. I still use it for some spell work I do, but not as much as I did in my teens.

--
"Amor vincit omnia"
Love conquers all things.

Please Check out my website:www.mysticalmoonstore.com
04:28 PM on 04/12/2009 Flag Quote & Reply

Hearts and Dragons

Sister Raven:

In response to your post reply about the use of magickals opening the 3rd eye and bringing on latent psychic talents; I can attest to this as I've had amulets tailored to my needs and abilities.  This is especially so in the areas of psychic focus and blockage removal.  So often through experiences and issues we've had in the past (or present) we may have blockages that we're not even aware of.  Thanks for your helpful insight.

H & D

05:49 PM on 04/12/2009 Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.