Spirited Enterprise

* Where The Magick Happens *

Topic: Introducing, Custom Wands

Post-reply-btn
Forum Home > Esoteric Discussions > Introducing, Custom Wands
Lady Isolde: Is searching for something....more.
Lady Isolde

I am writing this topic to introduce you to wands. RecentlyI have made and offer custom wands here on SE. Mother Moon had suggested I create a topic on the forums to explain more about them and answer any questions too.

All of my wands I make are original one of a kind. I use quality materials, such as stone pendants, stones, ribbons and charms. I alsomake them while at my table in my sanctuary that I use for all my spells I cast too. All materials are cleansed prior to working and when they are finished they spend a minimum of a week on my alter before shipping them to SE.Sometimes I also have the various spirits and entities in my house sometime offer input either to me or via my daughters. I put myself in almost a trance state before working on them so it is pure raw energy and any spiritual input in each one.

The introductory ones on the site is only a small sample as to what is to come. I am going to try to offer a variety of ones with different prices and an array of styles. I am very happy to offer these through SE. If you wish to see more of the wands I make, you can visit my website at http://mysticalmoonstore.com/wands.html. Please note, I sell ONLY through SE.

Another aspect of this post is also to answer any questions you might have concerning wands. The first one is: I would really like to own one, but do not know how to use one? Can you please tell me, if you have time,how you use them.

Excellent question Dewdrop. There many ways to use wands.Many people who do elaborate ritual work enjoy have wands to use during them.Some people use them as a focusing point to direct energy at a specific thing.There are those who cast spells on them to aid in their magical work and some people actually bind spirits to their wands. Wands can be looked at as just another magical tool, like an Athame is. I knew a woman who used her wand with healing work. She would generate all of her healing abilities into the wands and touch the tip to whatever area was inflicted and needed to be healed. She did this because many people who lay hands to heal will accidently take the illness or infliction into themselves in healing. The wand is a good conductor for her energy and blocked the illness from coming back into her. Another possibility is that many of the wands have stones like black onyx and other items (like mine with the black raven feathers on them) that can be harnessed for the spell you are doing. Say for instance you are doing a spell for love, if your wand has rose quartz it just adds a little more into the spell casting.

This is just a basic outline on wands. Please feel free to ask questions you may have and I will try my best to answer them thoroughly for you.

--
"Amor vincit omnia"
Love conquers all things.

Please Check out my website:
www.mysticalmoonstore.com
02:53 AM on 04/29/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Belle: Is busy adding to her quickly growing spirit family!!!
Belle

Hi Lady Isolde, Your wands are beautiful! I have a quick question, how are materials "cleansed"? I know you state that the materials are cleansed, and other magick works often state that their materials are cleased as well, but I never really understood how this was done. I know that it means that it removes the negative energy as well as the energy from others handling it, but does it make items more powerful? What happens if materials aren't cleansed before making an item (just in general)? I am considering purchasing one, but am not sure because my boyfriend doesn't support my interest in these types of things, and I am afraid he would throw it out or break it on me :-(

09:02 AM on 04/29/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Lady Isolde

I was planning on taking a few days sabbatical to renew some of my energy from being sick but I saw this and thought I should respond.

Cleansing is done in many ways. I use the combo of charging boxes and salt rituals. So those are really the only two I know about in detail. I am sure the other Sisters could tell you more ways, since they are much more knowledgeable then me. The good thing about being raised in a magical family is I didn't have to sift through the BS to find the real thing, but the bad part is, that all I really know is what I was raised in and not much else, although I am trying now to expand such knowledge.

Now on to the last part of your post. I can not give you any help on buying one or not. I think if you are worried about him throwing it away or hurting you with it, then you need to seek help outside of anything magical. Anyone striking you in such way is not good or healthy and needs to be addressed with a professional. I wish I could give you some insight, but this is not my area to do so. I am sorry I could not be more help.

I am going to check in here and there in the next few days, but please be patient smile  I have not been well lately and need to get myself over this hump. Thanks for understanding!

I want to remind everyone that while you can preview the wands on my website, I only sell them here on SE. Please do not contact me on the website to arrange a purchase. Thanks smile

--
"Amor vincit omnia"

03:17 PM on 04/29/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Belle

at 03:17PM on Apr 29, 2009

I was planning on taking a few days sabbatical to renew some of my energy from being sick but I saw this and thought I should respond.

Cleansing is done in many ways. I use the combo of charging boxes and salt rituals. So those are really the only two I know about in detail. I am sure the other Sisters could tell you more ways, since they are much more knowledgeable then me. The good thing about being raised in a magical family is I didn't have to sift through the BS to find the real thing, but the bad part is, that all I really know is what I was raised in and not much else, although I am trying now to expand such knowledge.

Now on to the last part of your post. I can not give you any help on buying one or not. I think if you are worried about him throwing it away or hurting you with it, then you need to seek help outside of anything magical. Anyone striking you in such way is not good or healthy and needs to be addressed with a professional. I wish I could give you some insight, but this is not my area to do so. I am sorry I could not be more help.

I am going to check in here and there in the next few days, but please be patient smile  I have not been well lately and need to get myself over this hump. Thanks for understanding!

I want to remind everyone that while you can preview the wands on my website, I only sell them here on SE. Please do not contact me on the website to arrange a purchase. Thanks smile

Hi Lady Isolde, I believe my last post was misinterpreted. When I said "Break it on me" I didn't mean to literally break it "on me", I just mean that if he found it he might break it (in general). Where I live if someone does something w/o antoher person's knowledge it's just a saying to say "on me"... not in the literal sense though.

I hope you feel much better and that your period of rest will refresh you! Also, what is the white wand made out of? It is so pretty!
11:41 AM on 04/30/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Lady Isolde

Belle, I am so sorry! Where do you live? It is always interesting how phrases in one country or reigion to the next can imply different things.

The wands currently on SE are made out of  Sundari trees which is from India, also note, they are not from the Sandarbans which is illegal to cut trees in. I chose this due to the fact it is a salt water fed tree and a very hard wood, both qualities I think make a great base for a general wand. Salt is a purifying element in almost all spell craft and a harder wood to me is less like to "bend" during a spell and therefore it keeps it true to what your doing. The newer ones listed on my website are also sundari and pine. Also the Unicorn wand on SE is Cherry.

As far as the white one goes, it is painted and then has a white silk ribbon wrap handle. It has a butterfly fairy pendant and at the handle it has a rose quartz pendant wrapped in silver wire. I designed it so that it can be used as a mini pendulum during spell work. I envisioned doing love spells with it and using the end to ask the pendulum love related questions. It also has real white rabbit fun on it too.

Thanks for the well wishes. I am starting to feel better today. I have been doing a lot of creating this past week, both making the new wands and also some other spell craft type items and with being sick, I just drained myself to zero. But am bouncing back better then I thought, so perhaps this Sat I can start up again on things I am behind on,LOL!

--
"Amor vincit omnia"

02:31 PM on 04/30/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Belle
Hi Lady Isolde, I'm from NY. It might just be a regional saying as I've never really noticed before cause I'm so accustomed to hearing it, lol. I never thought of anyone taking it literally, but I can definitely now see the confusion it caused. It's funny how all different areas of the country have their own unique way of saying things :-)
03:00 PM on 04/30/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Lady Isolde

Even though I swore to myself I would stay offline and only check in here and there, I thought I would take the time to write a little more info on each wand made. These are just the wands on SE right now, not the new ones on my website.

First one is "Silver Nights". A balanced wand between light and dark. This wand was made for those who walk a more ?gray? path. It has real rabbit fur trim and has a black onyx pendant hanging from it that is set in.925 silver.

Next is "Uno Magical". This is a cherry wood wand carved into a twisted looking wand. It is wrapped with a silver wire and has hand painted designs on the wand. The handle is wrapped in brown rabbit fur. It has Unicorn charms hanging from the hilt along with crystal hearts.

"Faefully Blessed" is next. This is special. The wand has been painted in a beautiful bronze and is decorated in twisted wires, leaf charms and a beautiful fairy hangs from the hilt. It has been distressed to look a little aged. This was created with the direction of my eldest daughter whose fairy friends gave her the design.

Now we have the "Sun Goddess". This wand I love! It is a beautiful gold color with bronze painted designs. It has a sun amulet on it that has a mirror in the center to use and reflect the Goddess within us all. This piece also has 2 hand carved bone pentacles on its hilt. These were bought from a friend of mine who travel the world for some amazing treasures. They were bought when he went to Tibet.

Finally we have the "Beloved Mine" wand.  This wand is painted and then has a white silk ribbon wrap handle. It has a butterfly fairy pendant and at the hilt it has a rose quartz pendant wrapped in silver wire. I designed it so that it can be used as a mini pendulum during spell work. I envisioned doing love spells with it and using the end to ask the pendulum love related questions. It also has real white rabbit fun on it too.

I will add info on the rest of the new wands here soon. All of them I am very proud of and every time I feel as if I can not make one more unique and better then the last, well another comes. Many of the designs are inspired by the entities that live in and around my home. Some give ideas to my daughters for me and others tell me what they are thinking and a few special ones they show me exactly as it needs to be in my mind and watch closely as I create it to make sure it is exactly as they wanted.

Belle, I know what you mean. I am from the Northern mid west and have lived now in the South for 8 yrs. Many common "slang" in one region is different then others!

--
"Amor vincit omnia"

03:30 PM on 04/30/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Dewdrop: I am so happy .... I wanted to find the truth .. and I did.
Dewdrop

Hi Lady Isolde,

Your wands are truly individual works of magickal art. They are simply divine. They actually ooze femininity.

I was wondering could you empower your wands, or could you create a wand, which could act like a 'smudge stick' to cleanse and banish negativity from your home etc and promote love and harmony?

On a personal note please take care of yourself, sending you much love.

Hi Belle,

I am from England and we use the phrase "break it on me".

06:39 PM on 04/30/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Lady Isolde

Dewdrop, thank you so much! I am glad they are liked. I pour much heart and soul into my work and am glad when others are happy with it.

As far as using a wand as a type of cleansing tool, I do not see why not. One of the reasons I like the Sundari wood is because it is a salt water fed tree and salt is a wonderful tool for almost any kind of purifying. I have never tried to make one geared towards this, but I think if you used maybe white sage to smudge it and then perhaps bless it, it could be use in ritual cleaning. Let me do some research on this and I will get back to you. If any of the Sisters or other members have any suggestions then please post. While some are made with a "theme" so to speak, they are basically raw and ready for you to use as you wish too. So I will do some digging and get back with you.

Thank you so much for the well wishes! I am feeling so much better today already! Thank you for the love and thoughts.

--
"Amor vincit omnia"

09:26 AM on 05/01/2009 Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

Tell A Friend About SE