Spirited Enterprise

* Where The Magick Happens *

Topic: Automatic Writing

Post-reply-btn
Forum Home > Neophyte Discussions > Automatic Writing
Yrat
Yrat

Anyone that can talk me quickly through this? smile

I've understood that you're gonna write without paying attention to what, and that's your subconscious (with or without the influence of spirits) that decide what you write.

I am curious of what you do before you start and after. If I should do anything special before I just sit down and start writing.

--

Thanks to Erithea, T******, "Vin", Fith, Venn, Ted and Milo.

01:06 PM on 08/28/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Lady Isolde
Lady Isolde

Talk to Mother Willow, she is the expert on automatic writing. I am sure you will find a wealth of knowledge there!

Also, automatic writing has always been of interest to me too.

--
"Amor vincit omnia"
Love conquers all things.

Check out my store for Entities, spell cast amulets, hand made charging boxes and more!

http://mysticalmoonstore.com/

03:09 PM on 08/28/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Yrat
Yrat

Alright smile Thank you Lady Isolde

--

03:19 PM on 08/28/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Mother Willow
Mother Willow

Good Evening Everyone ~ Hello Yrat!!

Automatic Writing is a really FUN and interesting way to communicate with spirits who have passed over or spirit guides ~ angels ~ etc.  Before I begin any session I take time to pray and meditate then call upon the spirit by name, sometimes they may show up immediately, sometimes they communicate with me through dreams or visual pictures {dayvisions}.  For awhile they were lining up outside my shower {I kid you not} there was this long spirit line that went from my bathroom all thru my house and  to the front of my home and into the driveway {my fae and other magickals did a nice job of making everyone feel welcome}.  I had a little conference with them and told them that I do not mind relaying messages to their loved ones but not during my private time LOL.  Now they warn me beforehand ~ I liken it to ringing my spirit doorbell ~ if I am available my magickals will allow them to wait for me in my livingroom and if I am not I tell them what time would be best ~ they are so understanding and kind.  In the case of emergency ~ I stop whatever I am doing and attend to the situation immediately.

I get out my favourite fountain pen and paper lite some incense and/or a candle and they {the spirit) start chatting away.  The most important thing to do is RELAX and just let it happen.  During an automatic writing session I  do not  know what is being written, I am sort of in a semi-trance like  state.  It took me one month to master this gift and that is due to the love and patience of my dear spirit guide.  You must however be VERY CAREFUL when calling upon spirits because not all are good and many will seek to disguise themselves or cloak themselves to try and fool you.

When I began automatic writing my spirit guide was the first to use this type of  communication with me.  She talks very fast and I had to tell her to slow down ~ it is okay to tell them if you are having trouble communicating with them because they are on a different vibrational frequency than we are.

There are amulets that you can purchase through SE to bring about this gift  and I would be more than happy to assist anyone in private IM through the process.  Blessings and peace to all!!  smile

07:23 PM on 08/28/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Sacred
Sacred

Wow Mother Williow, that´s awesome! I have been curious about automatic writing as well but since I hear that even bad spirits can come, I think it´s better for me to use stick to pendulum smile

01:45 AM on 08/30/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Mother Brownlyn: What's on your mind?
Mother Brownlyn

I tried automatic writing once. I asked my Queen D... and High Priestess R..... the same question. The scribbles were undecipherable; but the scribbles appeared to give the same reply.  I did recognize or notice that four letters in both writings were exactly the same and appeared to be in the same order.

02:14 AM on 08/30/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Yrat
Yrat

Thank you Mother Willow smile I will give it a shot soon, and I'll let you know if I need any further advice.

--

08:41 AM on 08/30/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Mother Moon
Mother Moon
Site Owner

at 02:14AM on Aug 30, 2009

I tried automatic writing once. I asked my Queen D... and High Priestess R..... the same question. The scribbles were undecipherable; but the scribbles appeared to give the same reply.  I did recognize or notice that four letters in both writings were exactly the same and appeared to be in the same order.

This is actually quite a common occurance for people who are just starting to learn automatic writing.

Its a complicated gift and not everyone can master it.

Automatic writing is the process, or product, of writing material that does not come from the conscious thoughts of the writer. The writer's hand forms the message, and the person is unaware of what will be written. It is sometimes done in a trance state. Other times the writer is aware (not in a trance) of their surroundings, but the actions of their writing hand.

Therapy - Automatic writing is used as a tool in Freudian psychology and in related "self knowledge" studies, where it is seen as a means of gaining insight into the mind of the automatic writer through their subconscious word choices.It was primarily used by Pierre Janet in France, and later by Morton Prince and by Anita Muhl in the United States.

Religion - Automatic writing is used in Spiritualism and the New Age movement as a form of channeling.

Doodling is a form of automatic writing as it is generally not consciously focused writing. Many people doodle spirals which are associated with Sacred Geometry.

We attempt automatic writing for several reasons. First - to get information about our personal life. Second - to confirm something from some who exists on the other side or has deceased.

The answers can be surprising ... but always be cautious as with any tool of divination.

*If you have emotional problems - you may not like the messages that come through. Your consciousess - being in lower frequency due to emotional problems will attract a lower frequency entity.

*If you like drama - and consider your life to be in drama - don't channel.

When attempting automatic writing you may use a writing implement, computer, or any other means of communicating through the written word. Many people prefer the computer as they can type quickly without filtering the information coming through. When reread - even a typo can mean something.

To divert the focus of the writer - shifting from left brain logical thinking - to right brain intuitive thinking - take a pencil in hand, place it against a piece of paper as if about to write something. Then turn your attention to something else, such as watching television, reading a book, or talking with someone. For many people, their hand will write coherent material.

Much of this goes to 'control' and have much you are willing to give to a non-physical spirit or entity.

The amount of time spent on automatic writing can vary with the person and the session.

Words, sentences or whole paragraphs may appear. Often, the writing is illegible - the text appearing jumbled - without proper grammar or punctuation - mostly run-on sentences.

Messages can be written in a language - or hand writing style - not recognized by the writer and signed by someone unknown.

A picture or symbol may be written.

Some automatic writers know who is giving the messages while others do not. If the energies feel comfortable to you then you will soon learn who the entity is and why he/she is writing with you.

If you feel the least bit uncomfortable with the entity or the information received STOP!

An easy way to get started in using the computer as a means of automatic writing:

Get into a comfortable position, seated at your computer.

Be sure you are free of distractions.

If you are not alone---tell others that you have some personal correspondence to take care of!

If you are tired --this could actually work better for you.

Now clear your mind of chatter. Feel the muscles in your body--neck--arms--shoulders-- especially your face--totally relaxed . . .

Know that whatever the answer is to your questions will be written by the spirit.

Do not allow time for your mind to listen to this information. Just type. You may even want to focus your eyes on something near the computer which keeps the left brain busy while it right brain does the channeling.

It may seem like your own thoughts at first but that is OK. It will get easier and quicker especially if you are on a computer.

This takes practice.

Gently place your finger on the keyboard. You are relaxed and not concerned about what you will type.

Type today's date at the top of your page.

Mentally call one of your guides and tell him / her you want to communicate with them using the computer. Tell them you can only work with one guide at a time. You may select the guide - or perhaps it is their choice. Not all guides use automatic writing to communicate.

On the first day you must get to know who your guide is.

Type, "Hello. What is your name?"

Follow with questions about the spirit guide and his relationship with you.

I would suggest you start with simple questions that can be answered with a 'yes or no' answer.

Don't stop to think. Just allow your fingers to type the answer.

This is a time to get to know your guide and why he / she is working with you at this time.

After a few minutes you will find yourself typing more quickly. There may be mistakes in punctuation - no space between words - poor grammar - unknown words - whatever. This is not important! You can fix the typos later.

Just keep typing questions and answers.

Do not write too much on the first day. Just start slowly and feel comfortable.

You can begin again whenever you like. There is no schedule requirements. Each experience will make you more comfortable.

On the second day you can ask questions that are beyond 'yes or no' answers and get more details.

I would suggest you not ask about your love life until you are comfortable with the spirit and this form of mediumship. This is much easier when the questions are not about you.

On the second day - ask spirit (you should now have a name) - about your spiritual work - relationship with the guide - other spiritual questions.

On the third day - ask about global matters - earth changes - changes in the Millennium - other.

On the fourth day - begin personal questions but remember you can only ask a question once. Asking a question over and over again until you type your desired answer - is wrong.

Ex. "Does - - - - love me?"

If the answer is No ! Then so be it!

Change question to - "Will I find a true love? Marry? Etc."

This equates to finding a psychic reader who will tell you what you want to hear not what is the truth. The more you use automatic writing, the easier and faster it gets.

11:04 AM on 08/30/2009 Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.