Spirited Enterprise

* Where Magick Happens *

Forum

Forum Home > Casting Spells > Book of Shadows

Sorasheart39

Hey, just wondering if anyone thinks it a good idea to start a BoS on the forum. I also wanted to know if anyone could spare some really good rituals for increasing luck and money, opening 3rd eye and other psychic abilities, creativity/motivation/inspiration and beauty.

I'm new at this but I really want to learn. I'd also really love to learn how to make really powerful rituals and spells myself.

What are some of the best books on Wiccan history?

October 28, 2011 at 7:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dachong

I bought a few black magic books on ebay for fairly cheap price. I have no idea if they work or not..but some of the rituals are simple & do make sense.

--

"IM,AND I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MY OWN MAN" -Char Aznable.

October 28, 2011 at 8:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dirk

if you are looking for spells then I would  get the book:

element encyclopedia of 5000 spells

October 28, 2011 at 9:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Temaeyah

For history you might want to try Adler's Drawing Down The Moon, or Ronald Hutton's Triumph of the Moon which I think is geared more towards BTW, but still packed with good information. Years ago I had read a book called Fifty Years of Wicca by Lamond. Its not specifically about wiccan history, but its written by a guy who was a member of Gardner's original coven. Its more of a personal account of his fifty years practicing wicca, but it gives some great insight into the personal lives of some of wicca's founding members.

PS-Reading up on religious history is often very dry and not very interesting. Good luck ;)

--

A monster lies in wait in me,

a stew of wounds and misery.

But fiercer still in life and limb,

is the me that lies in wait in him. 

October 28, 2011 at 11:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sorasheart39

Dachong, Ooh black magic... If love spells scare me, that would give me nightmares.

Dirk, I totally have that book. I don't understand any of it and there ain't nobody peeing on my hands lol... I was just hoping some of the more experienced spellcasters would comment to see if they could spare some of their own or give me some clues as to what would work. My money's running too thin to buy books a plenty. I just need some things that work. I don't really understand all about rituals and the books I've read through just don't give me in-depth detail that I need to be able to do something... I need something that reads like recipes. I can't put my own spin on things because I don't have the slightest clue what I'm doing... I'm just finicky that way I guess... I just... I'm lost. :/

Temaeyah, Thank you for your references! I'll be sure to check those out :) I know how history is :P I'm just curious.

--

October 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day
Quote of the Day provided by The Free Library

Follow me on Twitter

Like Us On Facebook

Herb Selector

Tell A Friend About SE