Spirited Enterprise

* Where Magick Happens *

Forum

Forum Home > The Coffee Shop > Not sure if this is Ok for here...just a poem for my passed on cat..

Crankyfish

Sorry if this is not Ok to put here,,,I know many of us are animal lovers though...doing this really helped me deal with the loss of a pet.... Here is my poem for Angel the cat...She disappeared & I feel she has passed on strongly...If I am wrong, then, that would be wonderful..but the past few months, shes just given off a "I am ready to go" vibe.

18 years ago,

My sister's ear heard a desperate call,

Then found a pair of big blue eyes,

on what at passing glance seemed,

a wee furry snowball.

She gave you a name, Angel....

Oh, how ironic it would prove!

For hidden in your grown 4lbs of feline form,

revealed a demanding cunning warrior soul,

That even the nastiest snarling Hellhound,

would be jealous to behold.

I saw glimpses of past pets, in the days you were preparing to pass over,

I know you went in peace,

to the big cat play house in the sky,

You feisty beloved friend to us all,

You'll never be forgotten,

But will be missed,

In your transition to the rainbow bridge on the other side.

June 14, 2012 at 2:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sanctuary

Oh Crankyfish, what a lovely poem. I am touch. I had lost my beloved baby for just a week ago.

Thanks for the poem.

--

A dedication picture of my beloved baby

June 14, 2012 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pipper

That was sweet.. Is there a rainbow bridge for cats as there is for doggies? If so you can always put your little furry friends name and info on the site. Im not sure if they have one though. I would think they do.

--

The moon moves me the sun drives me and the earth holds me

June 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Julia

HI Crankyfish I am so sorry about your kitty. My family has some bad luck with cats. We absolutely love them though. Back in September my dad found my cat Midnight in the side yard. He had passed away. He was about 8 years old. The next day i had to leave in a hurry. I jumped in my car and started it up and backed out. I hear this bump. I stopped the car got out and it was my other cat Shadow. He was lying under the car! The wheel ran him over. I started freaking out yelling screaming panicking. I picked him and put him in the car and drove like a mad woman to the nearest animal hospital luckily it is only about 10 minutes from my house. I got there and they took him immediately into the back. A few minutes later they told me he was brain dead. I started freaking out the day before I had lost a cat and now today. I totally blamed myself and i even bargained with Satan. I wanted to trade the cat's life for mine since I caused his death. If only I had looked under the car before I left.

A few weeks later we got a cat from the humane society who fell in love with. His name was Jackson. He was a year and a half gray and white very friendly and lovable. The first few weeks we kept in the house but then he scratched at the door constantly so we gave in and let him out. He was fine. He would go out and then come right back in Then December 18 that evening it was really cold out. My mom let him out as he was scratching at the door. He never came back. We don't know what happened. He had a microchip. We put up posters offered a large reward. I put pics up on craigslist and other sites.I was ready to stop loving cats altogether as everytime I opened my heart to one I something bad would happen.

We finally got another cat. A big white cat, He weighs at least 20 pounds. He an indoor cat. He has no front claws. He is such a love. I have known people who have done really mean things to cats and I don't know how they can live with themselves. I love animals especially cats so much. They bring so much joy to our lives.

One time I wouldn't date this guy so I was living with this couple and their child and they had 5 cats all inside cats. Well one of the cats accidently got outside and he found it and hung it from a tree and then put the poor kitty in front of our door. He told me straight out why he did it. I was seeing his brother at the time. I don't get why he thought that would make me change me mind? I could never be with anyone who was cruel to animals

--

June 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ninja

Pretty and full of imagery.

June 16, 2012 at 1:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Subscribe To Our Site

Tell A Friend About SE

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day
Quote of the Day provided by The Free Library

Follow me on Twitter