Spirited Enterprise

* Where Magick Happens *

Forum

Forum Home > Announcements > Sticky: From the desk of Sister Raven~ Plaigerism

Sister Raven

Plagiarism:

1. stealing somebody's work or idea: the process of copying another person's idea or written work and claiming it as original

2. something plagiarized: a piece of written work or an idea that somebody has copied and claimed as his or her own

Synonyms: copy, lifting, stealing, bootlegging, piracy, fraud, theft, thieving, imitation, decption

As borrowed and rewritten with credit to

Encarta® World English Dictionary[North American Edition] © & (P) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.

Now that you have read it, let me explain why this forum post has begun with such a factual beginning. Mother Moon and I, Sister Raven, are the front women for many magickal correspondances whether it be material or spiritual regarding spellwork, amulets, entities, and many more attributes of the metaphysical community.

It has come to our attention over the last year that there are quite a few people that are dishonest. They claim the workings of others as their own, then sell it in their name or persona if you will.

Be that as it may, we have no control over the actions of others in this matter. If they choose to resale our pieces as their own, we cannot take any retalitory action unless they use our company name and claim to be one of the fold. This incident is taking place on areas such as ebay or personal websites.

What I am attempting to drive home is this:

Claiming the spell castings and workings of another within the metaphysical community is plagiarism of the worst kind.

Those that are found out are normally cast out and solitary without their consent.

Casting a spell, creating an amulet, summoning entities, binding entities is a time consuming function of the heart that we put forth in effort to benefit the community as well as those that come seeking help.

Just like an author or an artist, we put our hearts, minds, spirit, and time into each and every piece.

To purchase or adopt one of these pieces or entities out to the public first of all, has been unheard of and looked down upon by the True Community. Spirited Enterprise has gone against the grain to offer these time consuming pieces of spirit and heart to the public. We have done so at much chagrin from the Elders. It is not an easy bridge we cross. In some circles we have been closed off because we have a website rather than traveling abroad and leaving our families in the name of Spirit and Tradition.

While there are some instances that you may have purchased a piece, or adopted an entity from us, and you come upon hard times and need some money; It is proper and good to contact us to let us know your intentions. Mother Moon and I as well of those of our fold completely understand falling upon hard times. We all do it. All that we ask is that you give us where credit is due if you choose to sell a magickal or adopt out an entity.

There are many websites that do not have the correct information...

They will tell you that you can summon a djinn any time you want to without a binding circle, the proper name, and proper sigils in any country without opposition.

They will tell you that they can adequately cast a blank piece of jewelry in an hour or less after having learned to cast only a year prior, or actually not casting a piece at all and selling it off for $30.

They will tell you that an unbound demon is safe to have around your children.

They will tell you that a Bog Hag is safe to have around pregnant women.

There are so many more promises that will be made and broken by these individuals.

It's all in the name of money.

There are also many people that plaigiarize other peoples workings...

That is bad in itself. Did they realize how many hours, days, months, and years we have dedicated to the traditional ways? Every spell that we cast, every piece that we create, every entity that we summon and bind is a piece of time out of our lives. It is a labor of love and caring for those around us. It is for those we have met, it is for those that seek us. It is to enable, to be a learning tool, to move progress foward for the individual that is called to come here to our sacred space.

Please, I beseech you, in your dealings with the metaphysical; Walk with honor, good character, responsibility, humbleness, and truth.

Blessings

Sister Raven

See also these links:

http://spiritedenterprise.com/apps/forums/topics/show/4694585-ebay-trends-changes-to-the-sold-section-of-the-webstore

June 1, 2011 at 3:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lady Isolde

I am glad to see you guys put this up. For to long, to many sellers (especially a couple) have used word for word your listings and items as their own. We all know that if  3 different real sellers all have, say a Black Dragon, for sale, then the listings are going to be somewhat the same. But when it is extactly word for word the same, its wrong.

On the same note, when you are a seller, sometimes you get where someone may trade an item for something of yours or even if you buy somewhere else, that you may have items that where done by someone else for sale. Which to me, is fine too, but you shouldn't pretend it was yours. As a seller myself, I have had a few incidents where someone has asked to trade me a piece they have for one of mine and if it is something I like or I could sell, I have no issues with that. Besides, if you truly do care about what your doing, its ALWAYS about helping people AND Entities find the person they are meant to be with, but thats a far cry from saying it is your work. I remember not to long ago when MM and I were talking about a person who was trying to sell some magickals that were suppose to be made by MM and MM Mother! Insane! Why do people do that? Of course one reason we all know is they have no magickal abilities of their own and have to do stuff like this to pretend to be magickal, sick! I will never understand these people,ever. I do not understand the reasoning behind not being open about your own abilities too. Example, we sell magickals and Entities too that we do. Now while I read names and such, when I am sick it gets screwy. Instead of chancing seller something that is misread (which is just horrifying to me to think about and knew a seller who did it all the friggin time) I contract a spirit name reader I trust and pay them to do the names. Does that make me less of a magical person? maybe to some, but to me it makes me a real and good magickal person, because I am putting my customers first. All this running around behind others back and pretending o have abilities you don't and all is a load of C**P! (I won't swear here, but dang if this doesn't call for it ;) )

Now that I have ranted too (sorry) I again say, bravo to you Raven and MM and all of you at SE for standing up for yourselves and doing what YOU do! It make irk some elders, but you are doing a very good thing for the metaphysical community! Keep it up :)

--
"Amor vincit omnia"
Love conquers all things.
Check out my online forum :)
http://mysticalconnection.proboards.com/index.cgi
Or my Store
http://www.mysticalmoonstore.com/

we are not part of Spirited Enterprise but enjoy their friendship, help and knowledge

June 2, 2011 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

spiritedenterprise
Site Owner

It is sad...and like I said in a previous post, if people want to use our information from charm school and information that they've found on our forum and such, thats fine, use it, but please credit it to us.

We have an ebay seller now, whom we're trying to deal with through proper ebay means who is actually selling items that they bought from us in the past. Which is great...go ahead and sell them! However, they arent claiming that they bought them from SE. They're claiming that not only are these items their own creations, but also that this person has, seemingly overnight, become an all powerful master magician! 

It saddens my heart when I think back to how much time and energy went forth into acquiring this individual some very rare and hard to find items at deep discounts. Now, they're up on ebay, with extremely exagerated descriptions and at prices that are at least 4 times what they are worth.

Im all for making a profit...we've all got families to care for and mouths to feed but my goodness, where are people's morals?!

--

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference." — Robert Frost

June 4, 2011 at 10:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

C.D.K

Well said, Mother Moon. You truly rock! ;)

--

"...But true love is a durable fire, in the mind ever burning, never sick, never old, never dead, from itself never turning..."

come baby light fire graphic 

June 5, 2011 at 2:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Duff

From what I've seen in my limited experience with these types of businesses, morals rarely come into the picture.

--

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.  For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." ~ Stuart Chase

June 5, 2011 at 11:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sister Raven

Morals rarely apply to false buisnesses.  If they only knew or cared how much time and effort goes into the true traditional witch's life it would be a blessing.  But we can't expect it because people like that in falsehood hunger only for monetary gain, not helping others.  I hope, and pray that what you find here within our sanctuary is like nothing you have ever experienced before.  We care for each and every one of you, your story, your future, healing, and so much more.

June 5, 2011 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Duff

And I thank you so much for your caring, Raven :) There are many who care merely for the bottom line and will get there by whatever means necessary.

--

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.  For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." ~ Stuart Chase

June 6, 2011 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Duff

By the way, I didn't mean to imply that i thought those here at SE didn't care. I just meant that it is so hard to tell, especially for some with little experience and someone who may be in a desperate state of mind, the fakes from the legitimate. When you purchase a spell casting or buy an entity, how are you to tell if that spell has even been cast or if that entity is real or just a piece of cheap jewellery? Know what I mean? Sorry, this has gotten way off topic! lol :D

--

June 6, 2011 at 11:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sanctuary

Raven & MM it´s good that you brought this topic up. 

That´s why I love SE as you really care and helping people not just monetary again. And people always come and copy your hard work without even giving you credit for it. My goodness!!

People that only thinks of money have no moral these days. It´s all for the money! Shame on them!!!

Why is it so hard for people to mention where they get their spirited vessels or spell cast items and PRETEND to have spelled it or conjured it by themselves??

How can people pretend to be something else when they know that they are not?

How could they see themselves in the mirror when they are pretending?

--

June 7, 2011 at 7:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

C.D.K

Sacred…you are right. How low could one stoop for they own benefit sake? Lower then anyone could imagine or ever dream of. Why? For monetary sake. I’ve had a first hand encounter with one of these “type” scammers and lost a great deal of lump sum of my saving. In every business, every venture… they are con artist, scammers just waiting for the right time and opportunity to seize lump sum of money from poor, desperate people only for they own benefit sake. Lurking poor customers into thinking they are real and honest people whom have many years of experience in they business whereas they don’t have a clue to what they have in they hand that they are selling.Because of “theses” seller’s, good, honest and hardworking people are getting bad name whom simply wants to run decent business and help others.

It’s very rare now days to come across honest and trustworthy enterprises/businesses that are real deal let it be in metaphysical or any other business dealers. Spirited Enterprise is one of FEW businesses that not only have high class customer service but an after care for they customer is always available at the touch of finger tips. Mother Moon and Sister have dedicated themselves to their ALL customers to the extent that I cannot even imagine. I am honoured to be a part of Spirited Enterprise.

However, it hurts when someone take credit for something someone else’s work. I just hope people do realise what they are doing. Again, thank you Sister Raven & Mother Moon for informing all of us.

--

"...But true love is a durable fire, in the mind ever burning, never sick, never old, never dead, from itself never turning..."

June 7, 2011 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Blatisian

Sister Raven at June 1, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Plagiarism:

1. stealing somebody's work or idea: the process of copying another person's idea or written work and claiming it as original

2. something plagiarized: a piece of written work or an idea that somebody has copied and claimed as his or her own

Synonyms: copy, lifting, stealing, bootlegging, piracy, fraud, theft, thieving, imitation, decption

As borrowed and rewritten with credit to

Encarta® World English Dictionary[North American Edition] © & (P) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.

Now that you have read it, let me explain why this forum post has begun with such a factual beginning. Mother Moon and I, Sister Raven, are the front women for many magickal correspondances whether it be material or spiritual regarding spellwork, amulets, entities, and many more attributes of the metaphysical community.

It has come to our attention over the last year that there are quite a few people that are dishonest. They claim the workings of others as their own, then sell it in their name or persona if you will.

Be that as it may, we have no control over the actions of others in this matter. If they choose to resale our pieces as their own, we cannot take any retalitory action unless they use our company name and claim to be one of the fold. This incident is taking place on areas such as ebay or personal websites.

What I am attempting to drive home is this:

Claiming the spell castings and workings of another within the metaphysical community is plagiarism of the worst kind.

Those that are found out are normally cast out and solitary without their consent.

Casting a spell, creating an amulet, summoning entities, binding entities is a time consuming function of the heart that we put forth in effort to benefit the community as well as those that come seeking help.

Just like an author or an artist, we put our hearts, minds, spirit, and time into each and every piece.

To purchase or adopt one of these pieces or entities out to the public first of all, has been unheard of and looked down upon by the True Community. Spirited Enterprise has gone against the grain to offer these time consuming pieces of spirit and heart to the public. We have done so at much chagrin from the Elders. It is not an easy bridge we cross. In some circles we have been closed off because we have a website rather than traveling abroad and leaving our families in the name of Spirit and Tradition.

While there are some instances that you may have purchased a piece, or adopted an entity from us, and you come upon hard times and need some money; It is proper and good to contact us to let us know your intentions. Mother Moon and I as well of those of our fold completely understand falling upon hard times. We all do it. All that we ask is that you give us where credit is due if you choose to sell a magickal or adopt out an entity.

There are many websites that do not have the correct information...

They will tell you that you can summon a djinn any time you want to without a binding circle, the proper name, and proper sigils in any country without opposition.

They will tell you that they can adequately cast a blank piece of jewelry in an hour or less after having learned to cast only a year prior, or actually not casting a piece at all and selling it off for $30.

They will tell you that an unbound demon is safe to have around your children.

They will tell you that a Bog Hag is safe to have around pregnant women.

There are so many more promises that will be made and broken by these individuals.

It's all in the name of money.

There are also many people that plaigiarize other peoples workings...

That is bad in itself. Did they realize how many hours, days, months, and years we have dedicated to the traditional ways? Every spell that we cast, every piece that we create, every entity that we summon and bind is a piece of time out of our lives. It is a labor of love and caring for those around us. It is for those we have met, it is for those that seek us. It is to enable, to be a learning tool, to move progress foward for the individual that is called to come here to our sacred space.

Please, I beseech you, in your dealings with the metaphysical; Walk with honor, good character, responsibility, humbleness, and truth.

Blessings

Sister Raven

See also these links:

http://spiritedenterprise.com/apps/forums/topics/show/4694585-ebay-trends-changes-to-the-sold-section-of-the-webstore

You tell em raven!

June 7, 2011 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sanctuary

Spirited Enterprise you rock my world and thank you always for being there for me whenever I needed your assistance.

--

June 9, 2011 at 7:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

C.D.K

After re-reading my last post on this tread, I see I missed Sister Raven’s name LOL

What I meant to say was “Mother Moon and Sister Raven have dedicated themselves to their all customers to the extent that I cannot even imagine”

Sorry Sister Raven, I blame my sleep for doing this :D

--

June 9, 2011 at 12:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RO\\/AN 11

I am new so I am waking this thread up to ask.....

Aren't there spirits who can stop this from happening?

--

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY EVERYONE!

Ro\\/an

February 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

spiritedenterprise
Site Owner

Well, yes and no. But honestly, we shouldnt have to resort to black magick and dark entities to keep these people from stealing.

These sellers should have the morals and decency to work for their own credit and reputation.

The real problem is that there are several sellers that do this. They take either part or all of our information - some reword it a bit to make their own - others steal everything, word for word. When you're working against several sellers, its hard to keep up. That, and we dont surf ebay.

One seller in particular currently has a dozen of our listings up, word for word and ebay refuses to remove them even though all of our information is copyrighted. They say our information is rotating, that its not the same in every listing so they cannot remove the listings based on copyright theft.

We are not affiliated with any other seller. Not on ebay, not on the web, period.

We are friends with a couple of sellers - but those sellers are decent enough to provide their own information and experiences.

If you see these listings on ebay, report them. By helping us inform ebay, maybe they will finally do something and remove them.

--

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference." — Robert Frost

March 10, 2012 at 9:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RO\\/AN 11

Many people don't see this as they skip the stickys once they have read them...and go right for the posts under them

--

Ro\\/an

March 10, 2012 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RO\\/AN 11

reported this morning

--

Ro\\/an

March 11, 2012 at 8:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

C.D.K

I can tell you one thing, you can never win with these sellers. You have one fake listing removed, ten more will pop in search panel LOL

--

March 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.