Spirited Enterprise

* Where The Magick Happens *

Topic: Communicating with Spirits

Post-reply-btn
Forum Home > Spirits & Entities > Communicating with Spirits
Mother Moon
Mother Moon
Site Owner

Communicating with spirits and entities is not always an easy task.

Some people have the natural born abilities to accomplish this task and others, well, others just dont have it.

If you are not able to communicate through telepathy or other thought forms such as subliminal messages, here are some things you can try.

Pendulums - Some people use a pendulm board while others simply use a right or left swing or twist for yes and no answers.

Candles - A common way to use candles in communication is to simply ask yes or no questions. When the flame jumps or gets larger, the answer is yes. When it does nothing, the answer is no.

Ouija or Talking boards - These are pretty much self explainatory.

Dreams - Many spirits and entities communicate through dream work. The problem is that many people cannot remember their dreams. Dont give up! Keep asking your spirits to come to you in dreams. Ask them to help you in remembering the important details. Keep a dream diary to help you keep track of the information you receive.

These are just a few ideas and remember, dont limit yourself!

01:02 PM on 12/07/2008 Flag Quote & Reply
Mother Moon
Mother Moon
Site Owner

Some of the most common factors that negate communication are blockages & medications.

Blockages are such a vast subject. Its very hard to determine what types of blockages a person has.

Childhood trauma, emotional wounds, regrets, high stress levels, depression, anxiety, sleeplessness, anger...these are all things that can cause communication blockages.

These blockages may be short term or long term.

Sometimes its extremely hard to help people release these blockages. First there has to be some sort of recognition that a certain issue is causing the blockage.

People tend to talk themselves into believing they have gotten over an emotional or traumatic experience when really, this is not the case.

Then the work begins. Witches are not miracle workers. We cannot cast a spell to release a certain blockage when that person is not ready to move forward.

Many times, counseling is necessary to bring the person to that point.

Another big negator of communication is medication & drugs. Anti-depressants, psychotropics, anti-anxiety, marijuana, acid, etc.

Any drug that alters the chemicals in the brain can negate communication.

If you are on a certain type of medication per doctors orders, do not, I repeat, do not, stop taking them without direct permission & guidance from a licensed physician!

01:04 PM on 12/07/2008 Flag Quote & Reply
Mother Moon
Mother Moon
Site Owner
celticwitch

I used to be very good at communicating with spirits through dream work but since I started taking a sleeping pill at night, the messages just dont come through as clear. Ive tried cutting my dose in half but even that seems to take away from the clear messages I used to get.

Ive started using signs as a way to communicate better with the spirits that are around me. For instance, I have a dragon familiar that Ive had for nearly 20 years. She has an uncanny way of getting messages to me through reading material. 2 weeks ago, I asked her if she might help me make a decision regarding my son's tutor. Ive been contemplating on switching to another one as this one dosent seem to take the time he needs. So as Im reading the morning paper, an advertisement (which i never read!) catches my eye. Its for a retired match teacher that is now offering in-home tutoring! I took that as my sign, called him up and scheduled to meet with him the following day. I know its only been a week since my son started with him, but already I can see a dramatic difference in his general attitude towards getting the extra help.

Just thought I would share this with everyone! I know the forum is new, but I just wanted to say that Im so happy to be one of the first members! I look forward to learning something new from the members at spirited enterprise!

01:13 PM on 12/07/2008 Flag Quote & Reply
Mother Moon
Mother Moon
Site Owner
spiritedenterprise
Admin

Merry Meet Celticwitch! Welcome!

Thank you so much for sharing your story! And congrats on finding  your son a better tutor!

Signs are a great way to receive communications from your entities &/or spirits. Its important for everyone to know that its not always easy to interpret the signs at first but once you get the hang of it, it can become a very neat way to get to know your entities.

Quite often, you get a sense of their personality in the signs that they leave.

01:14 PM on 12/07/2008 Flag Quote & Reply
Mother Moon
Mother Moon
Site Owner
dirk

A couple of questions:

1.  When dealing with gray entities, I have gotten into the practice of having my first request for said entity to only follow requests that I first write down.  Then I go about writing a few simple ground rules.   My dilemma is the classic ?If they can communicate telepathically then could accept a stray though as a request?.  I was wondering if this is a good practice to follow or am I simply over thinking the whole thing?

2.   A log of books on occult speak of energy:  /chi/orgone etc.  These same texts speak of focusing this energy/moving it around/breathing it in through your skin etc.  I was wondering if attempting to draw in this energy and send it to your vessel with a positive message/mental image is advisable.  I perceive it is but curious what others think.  Do spirits tend to like focused energy sent their way?

01:15 PM on 12/07/2008 Flag Quote & Reply
Mother Moon
Mother Moon
Site Owner
spiritedenterprise
Admin

Merry Meet Dirk!

Setting ground rules is a great way to start a relationship with new entities & spirits.

Simply telling a new spirit that they are not allowed to act upon your personal thoughts unless they are specifically spoken aloud, written down, communicated directly, or however you convey messages to your entity, is a great way of preventing the unwanted things from happening.

Lets face it. We all have thoughts at one time or another that we wish we wouldnt have. Sometimes those thoughts come out of anger, hurt, lust, or just simple want. But in the heat of the moment, its hard to contain our feelings. And sure, at that very moment, you might wich something bad or harmful on someone. But under different circumstances, if you had more time to calm yourself & think about it, you wouldnt say or wish those things.

MOST entities, especially ones that develop a very strong bond with their companions will not act on thoughts made in haste. Your commands have to come from you directly, when you're in a sound state of mind. They know the difference.

Some entities however, especially demonic energies enjoy causing chaos and will act on those thoughts.

So setting ground rules is a very good idea!

Regarding focusing energy on your vessels and/or entities. Not only is this a great way to form a lasting bond, its also good for  communication, allowing your entitiy to get to know you, boosting their own personal energy,  balancing energies between the 2 of you, etc.

Of course, it does depend on what types of energies you're sending, but positive energies, messages, & thought forms are always a great idea.

Thank you so much for participating in the forum and we look forward to hearing more from you!

01:17 PM on 12/07/2008 Flag Quote & Reply
Zalidda
Zalidda

I have been having dreams for a few years where spirits come to me and I see them die and then talk to them after they pass. Sometimes the events are not as pleasant as others depending on the spirit. I have seen many things. Not alot seems to happen to me while I'm awake, I could use some help sometimes. I have always felt like there was something wrong with me and wondered if others saw it too. I still havn't quiet found out who or what I am and I think once I do this feeling of "There is something wrong with me" will go away. The spirits don't come all the time, but when they come it is in spurts. Is this normal? Also, I beleive there is a connection between myself and what some call the underworld. Does that make sense to anyone? Any advice is greatly appreicated.

Zalidda

08:10 PM on 12/07/2008 Flag Quote & Reply
kel
kel

I have a question about conversing with your spirits. In some descriptions it is stated that they enjoy being engaged in conversation and just the general goings on in ones life. When you converse with them is it like an ordinary conversation you would have with a friend or more of an instruction giving session outlining what you want to accomplish?

01:11 AM on 01/07/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Mother Moon
Mother Moon
Site Owner

It can be both:)
Most entities are very conversational and although it takes time to work out the conversation in your head, its well worth the practice.

The hardest thing is figuring out what you're imagining and whats really taking place. Sometimes we only hear what we want to hear and those who have that type of personality often have to work very hard at communicating with their entities.

Treating your entities like companions rather than servants brings great rewards. They work harder, faster, & are more dedicated when they are treated like friends.

Think of it as a job. How do you feel when you have an employeer who just walks around all day handing out orders? Eventually, you start to hate your job and you only do whats necessary to get your paycheck.

When you have a boss that engages you in conversation and actually cares about you as a person, it makes your job a whole lot easier and heck, you may just wake up, excited to go to work:)

10:28 AM on 01/08/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
kel
kel

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely keep that in mind when working with my entities.

Now is there a way to give them a treat every once in a while? Like I was thinking a type of incense or offering that some entities would like just to show them that you appreciate them. In particular what would be a nice offering for black Dragons?

12:07 AM on 01/09/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Mother Moon
Mother Moon
Site Owner

Loose onyx stones, citrines, & sapphires (either faceted or rough). These could be stored in their nesting/containment box or even near their vessel so they can gather energies. Also, we've added a metaphysical dictionary on gemstones which can give you a sense of what each stone helps with.

Incense or oil (to annoint candles or use in a diffuser) in earthy or water scents.

A simple "Thank You" works wonderful as well:)

12:26 PM on 01/09/2009 Flag Quote & Reply

Tehmina

Any suggestions on offerings for Vampires and Demons other than incense?

09:41 PM on 01/14/2009 Flag Quote & Reply

hope

I have heard from someone before when originally searching for help, that animals do not like spirits, entities, etc...that they since that it could be a bad thing and stay away....is this true? I have to be honest, I had a dog that lived to be 17 years old before I had to put her to sleep when she couldnt function as a happy, content dog any longer. That was a year and a half ago. Since then I purchased another puppy and have bonded strongly with her. She is one of the smartest, sweetest puppies I have ever seen. She is always there for me and with me. I would not want to cause stress to her by bringing in spirits, entities, demons, etc. into the home. Nor would I want to cause distress and not a happy home for whatever I were to adopt if I chose to adopt one. Also never having ventured into this before, I wouldn't want to make things harder on myself.

09:23 PM on 01/16/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Mother Moon
Mother Moon
Site Owner

Vampires & Demons both like carnelian, dark agates, onyx, jasper, aegerine, ajoite, covellite, & fire agate.

Vampires also like gaia stones, rose petals and petrified wood.

Demons like black candles annointed in lavender. I know this sounds crazy when you consider what youre dealing with but lavender buds, lavender oils (in a diffuser or used in annointing) helps them with balance.

10:19 PM on 01/16/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Mother Moon
Mother Moon
Site Owner

Regarding spirits/entities and animals.

Actually most entities get along very well with pets. All of the entities we offer to the public have been exposed to a wide variety of family pets including cats, dogs, hamsters, and birds.

Your pet may notice your entities when you dont. They may feel & or see their presence before you do. They may even bark or growl a few times before they see that the entity is not there to harm them.

Contrary to popular belief, Demons are not totally bad entities to have around. They can be used for good just as well as evil. What you do with them, depends on you.

If you want to run around causing havoc and disaster, then thats your business. However you can also use them for good things! Like persuading polititions to pass benificial bills, persuading your neighbor to clean up his yard, the possibilities are endless.

Our darker entities are bound in such a way that they cannot harm their master. Their bindings just will not allow for it.

Can they talk back? You bet. But they cannot mentally, emotionally, or physically harm you and they must follow every command you give them.

My suggestion would be to sit down ground rules when your entity arrives. Tell it that it cannot harm the dog. Tell it that it cannot manifest in front of the dog, etc etc.

10:29 PM on 01/16/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
kel
kel

Hope:

According to some of the things I have read and some communications I have recieved here, some dragons can get on fabulously with pets.

I have just recently adopted two black dragons and also have two cats in my house whom I have raised from infancy (i had to bottle feed these guys-the parents got taken away from them way too early) so they are like my own children. Thay have not displayed any kind of apprehension or negativity about the new additions to our household.

So I guess I would say just check the entity's history with the Sisters and see if they get along with pets.

10:29 PM on 01/16/2009 Flag Quote & Reply

Tehmina

I agree with Kel.  I have a Vamp and a Demon.  My dog didn't react to them when they first came.  However, when I welcomed my first dragon, it was quite noticeable that she knew something was around.  About 2 days after my dragon arrived is when my dog first started noticing her.  On about the 3rd day, all day she was acting weird. 
She kept walking around the house as if she was trying to avoid something.  She seemed scared, but not to the point where she was whining out of fright.  It's like she saw/felt a spirit that she was not used to or hadn't seen before.  But after that day, she was back to her old self again.  Having a little talk with your dragon may help ease relations with your pets.  Today, I don't think my dragon even phases my dog anymore.  I guess she's gotten used to her or has accepted the weird phenomenon. 

02:21 PM on 01/17/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
dirk
dirk

Regarding stones and spirites do some stones work better with other kinds of spirits.  If so I would love to have that listed in recomendation chart  or after the metaphysical stone description, you could say (Works well for all entities or recommended for most dragons djinn etc)  I realize each spirit is a bit different, but I would hate to offer a totally conflicting energy to a specific spirit.

09:58 AM on 01/21/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Mother Moon
Mother Moon
Site Owner

Most stones get along really well with all entities. If you feel your entity needs help in a certain area, just go to our metaphysical gemstones page to see what stones provide those attributes and store your entity with them.

Because each entity is an individual, its hard to say that all of the entities in that species will be drawn to certain stones.

Its like saying the entire race of humans enjoy eating pizza. Most do, however, there are a few who simply dont.

We are in the process of a plan for adding what entities work well with what stones to our metaphysical dictionary.

Its going to take awhile as we are just extremely busy but keep checking back.

03:26 PM on 01/22/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Anubis Ravenheart: Tired
Anubis Ravenheart

I seem to have a very strange ability.

I can summon some sort of spirit, a djinn maybe (It has a sense of humor) into this coin and can ask it yes/no questions based on a coin flip (Heads yes, tails no) I get some really accurate answers, and some really funny, sarcastic ones. It doesnt stay in the coin though, and as far as I can tell, cant do anything besides yes/no questions when I call on it. I dont usually have to do any ritual, I just hold it in my hand for a moment, ask it a question, and then flip it.

For my "full time" entity, I only got him yesterday, so I really dont have a communication system yet. He's a guardian dragon, and I think I might end up going with the dream communication.

--

My daemon is selkia

Daemon: an incorporeal animal that accoridng to some is your "soul" this animal is usually thought to be YOU, being made entirely of your thoughts, it's like your consciense. Not to be confused with Demon.

And yes, for those of you who are wondering, I was formerly going under the profile name "Bartimeaus".

Check out my website, magickal things @ www.freewebs.com/Anubis-Ravenheart

03:55 PM on 02/01/2009 Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.