Spirited Enterprise

* Where The Magick Happens *

Topic: Curious about crystals

Forum Home > Esoteric Discussions > Curious about crystals

Don

So I was looking at that other thread by Incoendium and was looking into what substance could cause smoke when rubbed against a metal surface.  What I came across was some sites about growing crystals from various substances such as Alum, or Copper Sulfate.  It got me wondering if there were any mystical uses for such a structure.  I could see it, if it would hold the charge, being used as something to absorb negative energy and could then be thrown into a lake (at least the non-toxic ones could) to symbolically dissolve the negative energy, but would there be other instances for using them?

Yes yes ... I AM looking for an excuse to play chemist ... what of it!  smile

February 15, 2011 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kaija

i say you could store energies or try to bind something or spell or gift them to any hoarder you have in your house i say they will still accept them.

But they might not be as powerfull as other crystalls ie lemurian ones

But one good use is in making orgonite (just google it) i think this is gonna be a good use i think ;) you gave me a nice idea thanks

February 15, 2011 at 12:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Don

Hmm, I thought about that, but couldn't see binding something permanent as crystals made this way are kinda fragile.  I thought about overcharging one with intent and allowing the energy to dissipate (like a magickal air freshener), but I'm not sure if that would work.  You did give me an idea though.  I could see binding a temporary thought form or construct to one, and disolving the crystal to disolve the construct when finished.

February 15, 2011 at 12:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kaija

Ho good thought i searched about the crystals i say it depend on the kind you will create you could create very good quiallity crystals with the right components http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/crystals.htm#

this is a good site i liked his salt crystals and the ''exotic'' ones (good one with the construct i liked it it would be easy to destroy )

February 15, 2011 at 1:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sacred

Hi Don, wow you gave me a thought and idea about crystals.

And Kaija thanks for the link.

This is great guys!

--

February 16, 2011 at 8:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Don

I suppose the big question is, would a water soluble crystal like that hold energy?

February 16, 2011 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sacred

I think it will hold. As far as I know, many uses water for healing and as well with salt.

My thought for the day is that if I use the link to grow my own crystals in thought of gifting it to my spirit family, would my dark entities like my DQ´s would like it? (as salt is harmful for demons right?)

--

February 16, 2011 at 9:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Don

I thought salt was harmful to all spirits, not just demons.  I was typically looking at salt as one for gathering negative energy and dispersing it.  I believe you can make crystals from other compounds.  Sugar for one (may be good for fae).  There's also alum, bismuth, copper sulfate, copper acetate monohydrate, etc

Check here:

http://chemistry.about.com/od/crystalrecipes/Crystal_Recipes.htm

February 16, 2011 at 10:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sacred

Thanks Don! I´m sure my spirits will love it smile

--

February 16, 2011 at 12:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Magpie-Angel

i'm trying to make my own suger crystals as we speak :3

February 16, 2011 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Don

You know magpie ... technically what your making is rock candy smile

February 16, 2011 at 1:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Magpie-Angel

thats true so it would make a sweet gift or a treat for me personally. i was speaking o my dad and he told me you can do the same thing with salt but it wouldn't taste very nice and some sugar crystals get really really big so it sounds like a much better gift

February 16, 2011 at 2:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kaija

True salt could be used for protection so protection crystals? its a thought 

But one more idea i have read something from an another forum

So since this crystals are in a blank state (when created) could one use them for one purpose but making them a hight conduit of whatever they choose-are able to connect to (sorry if its hard to understand i tried to word it right as much as i could)

February 17, 2011 at 4:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Don

I can see how they would be blank and ripe for the charging ... maybe I'll try to start an alum crystal this weekend.

February 17, 2011 at 9:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PsycloneDeth

Update us when you do, I am looking into this as well.

--

March 1, 2011 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Don

I got one going now.  It's been going for a few days.  It's maybe just under 1/4 of an inch.  I have to keep changing the container though as I get a lot of parasite crystals.

March 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Magpie-Angel

my sugar crystal didn't even start growing. do i need to keep the water warm :/

March 2, 2011 at 3:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Don

Well, you want to use fairly warm water and mix the component (sugar, salt, alum, or whatever) in until it stops disolving.  You should get a small grainy film.  Pour the solution in a glass container leaving as much grit behind as possible.  Heat the water a bit more (Hot water holds more than cold) and mix in whatever didn't disolve on the bottom.  Cover and set for a bit (alum took about 8 hours).  As the solution cools the crystals should form on the bottom of the glass.  Select a "seed" crystal, transfer the solution to a clean container and place the seed crystal in there by itself.  Let it set for a while more, and just remember to remove it and place it in a clean container if parasite crystals form around it.

March 2, 2011 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Magpie-Angel

ah thank you so much :3 i need to prepare gifts for my entity once it gets here

March 2, 2011 at 4:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunstria

Don:

"I thought salt was harmful to all spirits, not just demons."

Sea Salt is harmful to demons and is also used for banishing and other spell work. Table salt is usually not going to work very well for spell work but I guess it could in cases of emergency. For the most part Sea Salt works against Demons, Demonics, and some Gray being but not against most entities and spirits. Unless it was used to charge against them then it could possible do so. It does work wonderfully when doing protection and veiling magic!

Your idea with using Salt crystals to gather and get rid of negativity is an awesome idea! What better way to do something when you need to and still be practicing like a mad little scientist than to grow your own salt crystals. I also like the idea of growing sugar crystals and using them as offerings to your entities and spirits! Since I seem to get entities and spirits that have a serious sweet tooth (and so do I) it would make for an interesting pastime. big grin

I guess if I decide to join in on the fun I should also get out my spirits that practiced Alchemy too. They would probably like the basic idea of it...or roll their eyes at me and then join in, lol. :P

--

In a world with no mystery, welcome to mystery...  

If you are interested in other places to learn and grow, then perhaps our forum may help as well: http://mysticalconnection.proboards.com/index.cgi

We also have a store located here (it is owned by one family and separate of S.E.): www.mysticalmoonstore.com

March 4, 2011 at 8:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day
Quote of the Day provided by The Free Library

Follow me on Twitter

Like Us On Facebook

Herb Selector

Tell A Friend About SE

Newest Members

Recent Photos