Spirited Enterprise

* Where The Magick Happens *

Topic: The Ability to See.

Forum Home > Spirits & Entities > The Ability to See.

Bandyt

I have a question to ask about being able to see spirits and if that ties in to being able to see entities.

My best friend of 5 years can see spirits. She doesn't exactly embrace it, in fact she tries to block it out while she's awake, but she can't help it. She sees dead people. She explains it like those who haven't crossed over yet are in the room with you, whereas the people who have crossed over and are communicating from the "other place" (as she likes to call it) are inside her head, often through dreams.

So, I told her about my entities. She respects my choice to believe in them, but she says she can't see them and that she has never seen anything other than a human spirit. She actually thinks that if anything, what is attached to my rings are lonely spirits who are willing to be bound to help us (human ones).

So, I was wondering seeing as she obviously has some potent psychic ability, how come she can't see my entities? Are the abilities to see them usually linked with the ability to see dead people?

I'm wondering about any experiences or theories you may have with this.

I did ask my entities to show themselves to her and that she is a friend and safe and she would probably be better at seeing them than I ever could be, but they didn't seem to, because she didn't see them.

11:29 PM on 02/20/2010 Flag Quote & Reply

spiritedenterprise
Site Owner

Seeing "spirits" and seeing "entities" are 2 completely different things.

Human spirits often do not have a choice about who sees them and who doesnt or when they "appear" and when they dont.

Not all "spirits" are intelligent, but rather a never-ending, cycle of past events.

Entities, however, are intelligent, and they most certainly have the ability to appear to anyone they wish, whenever they want.

I can imagine, because she feels that they are something than what they are, "lonely spirits," that they are offended OR because her gift is one of "spirits" and not of "entities" that she cannot see them.

01:25 PM on 02/21/2010 Flag Quote & Reply

Swan

Dear Bandyt,

I wouldn't worry about this.  Please know that just as we have abilities and skills that others may not possess; they too have talents that we may not.

There's an old story about 3 blind men trying to describe an elephant.  One says he is like a rope, as he feels his tail.  The second describes him as a great and mighty wall, as he feels the elephant's side.  The third disagrees, saying the elephant could be used as a fan as he touches the ear.

We all see our "piece" big grin

Your friend sees her piece.  You see another.  Nobody's wrong........and-- on a personal note: Diversity Rocks! big grin

--

"be kinder than is necessary, for everyone you meet is going through some kind of battle"

03:14 PM on 02/21/2010 Flag Quote & Reply

AL

This is a very interesting topic. After months of bonding,now I can feel my entities(not see or hear), but to be sure of which is which and I would made such request for example, if my Dginn, pls tingle/touch myleft part of the body (mostly leg or hand/finger) else if my Faes then on the right side. Sometimes will be both sides simultaneously lol, so meaning to say they are with me. I also use this method when asking questions … I seldom use candles and not to mention tea candles here are hard to find too. Would be glad if able obtain this gift whereby only to see our entities or unbound entities but definitely don’t want to see dead people lol. Well, I trust that I can get this gift but need to hear more from the senior spiritual companions here on how to they go about getting it. thanks smile

07:37 PM on 02/21/2010 Flag Quote & Reply

Sacred

I used to see spirits when I was just 6 years old. I saw dead people even dark spirits. I remember when I was sick having fever in my room, my mom was cooking soup for me in the kitchen. I had 2 dogs at that time, the female dog was in my room guarding me and when she wanted to eat she went out of the room and my male dog came in to guard me. They were like taking shift to guard me but when my male dog went out of the room, suddenly a like dwarf came in and he was so aweful with red eyes, pointed ears and sharped teeth and very long nails, he was drooling like he wanted to eat me. This was in broad day light. I screamed and my Mom was quick enough to get in my room and I was pointing on the dark spirit but my mom did not see anything. I was really scared to death, so my mom called a priest to bless our home and some neighbor who knew something of the dark spirit who came in my room gave me an amulet for protection. She said that dark spirit wanted to take me because I was young and innocent.

But because of that horrible experienced, I kind of blocked that ability as I was too young and wasn´t ready. 

--

Be who you Be... Anyone who ridicules you for your faith or beliefs, Stands in the Shadow of your Light.

03:34 AM on 02/25/2010 Flag Quote & Reply

AL

How did you block the ability Sacred? and can you open it back again? how about controlling it?

08:17 PM on 02/25/2010 Flag Quote & Reply

spiritedenterprise
Site Owner

Ive been "blessed" all of my life with the ability to see & hear both entities and spirits.

The first human spirit I actually remember from my childhood was that of a young boy. I must have been 5 or 6 years old. We were at a baptism on the "beach" of a tiny lake. Im not even sure what state we were in as I know we had to travel to get there.

Anyway, as the minister started to speak, a young boy of about 7 or 8 walked onto the sand. I noticed right away that he was "different." He looked solid to an extent, and yet, he didnt. There was something eerie about him. The way he stood. The way he nodded his head as the minister spoke.

I remember thinking, that he was nodding at all the wrong times. Like he wasnt hearing a thing that was being said. Im pretty sure that he couldnt see me, or anyone else but the minister for that matter.

He was there but a few moments and then he turned to walk off and was gone. Just like that.

I dont remember being scared or anything. Just that it was odd that he came when the minister started speaking and left when the god parents started their "promises."

Thank the Goddess that my family is a magickal one! I was able to talk with my mother about the experience on the way back to the hotel. She told me that what I was seeing was a risidual haunting of sorts. The child obviously had something to do with the minister. He was attached to him, not the area, or anyone else.

Your "will" is the only thing that can aid you in turning these abilities on and off.

I learned to shut mine off with a combination of a mantra and will power. With practice, as soon as the mantra begins, the ability shuts itself off, like a light switch.

"I banish thee spirit from my sight and from my mind. I will see what I want to, and for now, I am blind"

During the mantra, your eyes should be closed. When you open them the spirit should be gone. Or the process must be repeated.

You "will" the gift of sight away. In the same sense, you turn it back on with will power. And just like shutting it off, turning it back on may take practice.

I know some very gifted people who can turn their gifts off for months at a time. Others have to turn it off each time they are "confronted."

Most people, however, eventually grow into their gifts and realize that what they have is a blessing of sorts, even though it may not always be one of convienience.

10:50 PM on 02/25/2010 Flag Quote & Reply

spiritedenterprise
Site Owner

With entities, its a completely different thing. A mantra or will power usually will not work in banishing them unless you are an extremely powerful and spiritually influential individual.

As I said above. They choose who sees them, when, where, and even how.

10:52 PM on 02/25/2010 Flag Quote & Reply

Sacred

AL, I have had other occurences and with total fear, I don´t know it just shut off. I remember my mother met a witch doctor of some sort and he came to visit me, he gave me an amulet and he said that as long as I have it with me all the time it will protect me. He told me that there are dark spirits that wants innocent children. I don´t remember all the details but all I remember was that my mom always slept with me eversince and that she had put salt on every corner of my room and a priest came everynow and then to bless it with holy water. I think my guardian angel helped me as well. This was all happened in my birth country.

Yes, it can be re-open again but it will take time, as I need to first sort things out.

--

Be who you Be... Anyone who ridicules you for your faith or beliefs, Stands in the Shadow of your Light.

02:29 AM on 02/26/2010 Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day
Quote of the Day provided by The Free Library

Recent Forum Posts

Tell A Friend About SE

Newest Members

Recent Photos