Spirited Enterprise

* Where The Magick Happens *

Topic: Otherkin

Post-reply-btn
Forum Home > Esoteric Discussions > Otherkin
StarWynd
StarWynd

I have been reading and researching Otherkin, which is the belief that an Other World creature runs the human vehicle instead of a human soul.  There is a growing population of individuals that believe they are Dragons, Vampires, Fae, or other spirit inside of a human body. 

As a Sociologist, this belief really interests me.  There is a Sociological study on Vampires that was recently concluded.  Although the results of this study hasn't been published, the results were quiet interesting.  The graphs are quiet difficult to discern on the website, but there were definite trends in this community.

I personally believe this could be possible.  If an Other World spirit wanted to make a difference in the Human world, what better way than be one of the natives?  Think of the alternatives, they can attempt to influence humans subconsciously, become bound to spirit vessels, or they can jump in a human and drive the vehicle for themselves.  

Now if this theory is possible, then wouldn't it be interesting to determine how these Otherkin have been able to affect this world?  And how many are just so lost, that they haven't been effective at all?         

09:18 PM on 04/26/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Dewdrop: I am so happy .... I wanted to find the truth .. and I did.
Dewdrop

Wow - StarWynd - very interesting.

10:23 PM on 04/26/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Belle: Is busy adding to her quickly growing spirit family!!!
Belle

I agree! This is something I'm very interested in finding more information about.

10:38 PM on 04/26/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
StarWynd
StarWynd

The Sang Vampires in human bodies all report similar lethargic symptoms if they have not fed on blood for some time.  I read an interview with a Sang Human Living Vampire, and she states that she can determine the different flavors of blood types.  She also states that she usually feeds on about 1 pint of human blood, per feeding.  I guess the ability to actually drink that much human blood  is an indicator if someone is a real Sang Vampire.  They state that most humans can only consume 1 ounce of blood before becoming physically ill.  That isn't something that I would like to test. 

The Dragons in human bodies report etherical wings that on rare occasions have been  extended and knock people over.  In times of danger, that the wings have been extended when the person is in a fight or flight mode. 

This community is often flocked with people stating they are famous vampires from recent fiction books or movies.  And there are some portion of the community that live in secrecy, and they frown upon those that go to conventions dressed all goth and fake teeth. 

As soon as the study is published, I'll put a link to it. 

12:24 AM on 04/27/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
StarWynd
StarWynd

Here are some links to interviews with Vampires:

http://www.pitch.com/2009-02-19/news/true-true-blood-as-pop-culture-sucks-on-myths-some-real-kansas-city-vampires-tell-their-stories/1

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2009-02-05/news/south-florida-s-underground-vampires-lust-for-more-than-your-heart/1

This talks a little about the study, but not very much:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/11/14/ST2008111401409.html

08:24 AM on 04/27/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Belle: Is busy adding to her quickly growing spirit family!!!
Belle
Thanks StarWynd, I look forward to reading those!!!
02:01 PM on 04/27/2009 Flag Quote & Reply

tintin

i was reading the material and i would say that is not for me it just made my blood rush after reading a paragraph of the staff. Its just not for me i found it quite disturbing and i think its people who are tring to live life like that with out having any knowledge about the subject and making it up as they go. The other articaul outlined they dress like in the moves so that just makes me wander like who from there blood line was once a vampires. That is different from a case where witch craft can be passed on to the next generation and it goes on for a life time.

02:22 PM on 04/27/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
StarWynd
StarWynd

I wasn't trying to advocate drinking blood, that wasn't the point. I just wanted to discuss the theory of Otherkin. I think it is a fascinating theory that a growing population has felt an affiliation.

I used Vampires for my references, because that is the largest affiliation of Otherkin. Vampires are the most readily available material to discuss. There are others that claim to be Fairy, Dragon, Demons, etc.

I'm not stating that anyone on this site is Otherkin, or that they can become Otherkin.

I don't think that anyone on the Otherkin sites have ever stated it was hereditary condition. I think the general consensus has been that they feel it was an accident, punishment or a choice.

A general consensus within this social group is that they have been awakened. Many report dreams of past lives, in which they were Other World beings. Many state the experience of awakening to be quiet traumatic.

In this Sociological Study, some of the 1,000 participants have had trends in psychic abilities, certain types of physical and mental illnesses. There seems to be a large amount of individuals with depression and asthma for instance.

I don't say that we have to agree whether their claims are valid, but I think it is fascinating that such a large populace have embraced this affiliation.

If we considered the large trend of Vampire affiliation, it could be hypothesized that Vampires have the biggest stake in losing the Human Race. What if they came to help out humans in general, merely because their food source could become scarce or extinct.

This isn’t fact or anything, just me analyzing information and coming up with possible theories as to how and why this theory could or would occur. This is just how my brain works…LOL.

I don't accept everything that Otherkin state as fact, because some of it is outlandish.  But if you place their theories and beliefs on a Bell Curve, there always will be extremes...and some in the middle.  I try to look at the middle road and consider the possiblities from there. 

I try to think of new ideas as a potential shift in the general public consciousness.  Just think of how many people used to think that psychics and witchcraft were make believe? 

Now we have psychics on TV, and witchcraft is generally accepted by the majority on this website.  I think that people's opinions are continually changing and forming to establish new perspectives that are generally accepted. 

Other perspectives that have changed over the years include Women's Civil Rights.  It used to be generally acceptable to beat your wife in the 1800's.  There used to be devices sold through catalogs to beat your wife.  And look how far people's perspectives have changed in this area. 

It's just all food for thought!  

04:25 PM on 04/27/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Mother Moon
Mother Moon
Site Owner

These are great articles! Definitely some good reading material for those who feel that they are otherkin.

In the magickal community, the elders say that the otherkin are the creators of the magickal movies, television shows, books, plays, etc that have become popular as of late.

In the last few years magick has really become part of the main stream and its really amazing  how much accurate information is now published in fiction books and movies.

I think its quite funny that unsuspecting parents that normally would not accept magick into their lives are allowing real magick & real magickal history into their childrens lives without even knowing it.

05:23 PM on 04/27/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
StarWynd
StarWynd

I saw the photos of the goth vampires from Florida.  That article features photos of Models from Cabaret Vampyra.  Those are not the individuals that were interviewed. 

But there are those Otherkin that dress the part, and some that don't.  Both spectrums of the Bell Curve in action again.   

05:25 PM on 04/27/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Dewdrop: I am so happy .... I wanted to find the truth .. and I did.
Dewdrop

Hi StarWynd,

I always go by my initial gut reaction,  when I first read your first post, apart from thinking, thats interesting and well written, it did make sense to me. I feel there is more than a grain of a truth in all of this. I truly  believe the possibility that the souls of dragons, fae and vampire could inhabit a human body is indeed highly plausible. Please keep posting.

06:42 PM on 04/27/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Renee
Renee

I am so behind the forum. Wasn't able go online. Thanks for sharing these interesting article StarWynd. It is kind of scary to know that there are physic vampires everywhere..feeding off energy from positive people...

Regarding otherkin and another question that Lady Isolde asked before, someone is known  as White Dragon King in Thailand.

Some said he was a white dragon king incarnate and some said he can communicate with the white dragon king. Lots of people/ celebraties fly all the way to Thailand to visit him. You will find more information by searching "White Dragon King" one the web or this link: (

http://www.whitedragonking.com/) would provide you some information about it.

I read a brief story about him saying that he realized he is a white dragon king incarnate one day and he started helping poeple voluntarily.

08:41 AM on 05/01/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
StarWynd
StarWynd

Very interesting Rene!  I never stumbled upon that information before.  Thank you!  I went to some websites about the White King Dragon, and it was very facinating reading.

Now, if someone from this country said they were a White King Dragon, they would be ridiculed and labeled a freak.  I think there is more acceptance of mysticism in other countries than here.  Most people in the United States believe, "When I see it, I will believe it". 

I think some Human Living Psychic Vampires try to ascribe to some code of ethics.  As I said, some, not all.  Some HLPV have reported they are unaware that they draw energy from people. 

Have you ever felt drained after being around someone?  I think it happens more than we know.     

But of course anyone can take energy from people or from nature.  If they know how.  It isn't considered ethical to take energy from humans.  But ethics are not always a high priority for everyone.            

01:18 PM on 05/01/2009 Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

Tell A Friend About SE