Spirited Enterprise

* Where The Magick Happens *

Topic: Measuring Luck

Post-reply-btn
Forum Home > The Coffee Shop > Measuring Luck
dirk
dirk

Luck,

One of the most commonly asked for results in the world of magick.  I thought I would provide my personal experiences with luck and an enchanted coin purchased from SE.  So here goes.  I have a long history of playing cards.  However, I only gamble at most once a week and then for very low stakes (The price of a movie and popcorn is the typical ante.)  I have been keeping track of my winnings and loses for a short time prior to purchasing my enchanted coin.  And I will continue to play and track how I do trying to answer the question, can magick improve gambling odds.

Game 1:  No Coin Lost 2.25 times my initial ante.
Game 2:  No Coin Lost 2.5 times my initial ante
Game 3:  No Coin Lost 2 times my initial ante
Game 4:  No Coin Lost 2 times my initial ante
Game 5:  No Coin Won (Finally) .5 times my initial ante
Game 6:  Coin lost my initial ante
Game 7:  Coin Broke even

Note when I say lost two times my ante I mean if I by chips for say $10 I would have lost $20.  If I win 2 times my ante I would buy ten dollars in chips and end up with $30 in chips (10 being from my own money)

More to come.

06:04 PM on 04/13/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Renee
Renee

That is an interesting and simple experiment  to carry out Dirk. Can you also provide information about which game were played prior purchasing the enchanted coin?

10:33 AM on 04/14/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
dirk
dirk

We play dealers choice.  Although most games are more luck based than skill based (We play alot of guts or in-between and other games which don't require a great deal of skill)  instead of playing bridge or even Texas hold'em which requires a lot of bluffing or card knowledge.

11:32 AM on 04/14/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Dewdrop: I am soooooooooo blessed!!!!!
Dewdrop

I agree with Renee, as always very interesting Dirk! 

02:08 PM on 04/14/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Belle
Belle

I agree, this post will be interesting to follow, I hope you will update with your results.

02:54 PM on 04/14/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
dirk
dirk

Game Cancelled this week, but yes I will keep you all updated (However you will need to be patient - Very Patient)

10:02 PM on 04/14/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
dirk
dirk

So far it seems the only thing I have been lucky in is not gabling.  Yet another game cancelled.

12:37 AM on 05/19/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Belle
Belle

Aww, let's hope next week is not cancelled, I'd be interested to see how well this works for you. Did you ever consider getting a leprauchan? They are supposed to be good for gambling. Wealth demons too I think.

12:40 AM on 05/19/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Lady Isolde
Lady Isolde

Just curious Dirk, but have you thought perhaps your luck piece is perhaps helping you by making it so the games are cancelled? Gambling can lead to some huge looses in money, so maybe it is helping you keep your money and not loose it, therefore making you lucky to not loose big. Just another point of view.

12:52 AM on 05/19/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Sorasheart39: Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Sorasheart39

at 12:52AM on May 19, 2009

Just curious Dirk, but have you thought perhaps your luck piece is perhaps helping you by making it so the games are cancelled? Gambling can lead to some huge looses in money, so maybe it is helping you keep your money and not loose it, therefore making you lucky to not loose big. Just another point of view.

Great observation Lady Isolde ^_^ you're quite the thinker ... i didn't even think of that :P

--

Those whos names are written in the Death Note shall die

03:16 PM on 05/19/2009 Flag Quote & Reply
Dewdrop: I am soooooooooo blessed!!!!!
Dewdrop

I too agree with dear Lady Isolde's view point,. It does seem that Dirks lucky coin is actually preventing him from losing his money through gambling- so therefore it is doing what is is meant to do - but not in the way Dirk envisaged!  

05:17 PM on 05/19/2009 Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.